Friday, October 10, 2008

The Idiots At AOL Responsible For Terminating Journals Have Been Nominated For The CAT Award !

Friday is finally here and not a moment too soon. The way the economy has been reacting this week kinda makes you want to have a cocktail. I'll be heading over to AREA 51 this evening to see my pals and see what's going on. It's karaoke night and with the change in ownership at Lakes Cafe and Pub, it should be interesting to see what's up with the new crowd.

The Cat's Ass Trophy (CAT) Award has one nomination from Jude, author of My Way Again, who nominated the idiots at AOL that were responsible for the demise of AOL Journals. Although I smell a shoo-in nominee, nominations are open until Monday at 12:00 noon, so if you spot 'em, nominate 'em.

This Date In History 1845 The Naval School (later the U.S. Naval Academy) opens in Annapolis, Maryland. 1871 The great Chicago fire is put out; it has destroyed nearly a third of central Chicago. 1886 The first tuxedo is worn at a dinner club in New York.

1913 The Panama Canal, an American-built waterway connecting the Atlantic and Pacific oceans, is completed with the explosion of the Gamboa Dike. 1973 After pleading no contest to tax evasion, Spiro Agnew becomes the first U.S. vice president to resign in disgrace.

Picture Of The Day One of my favorite times of the year is Autumn and the beautiful song "Autumn Leaves" comes to mind. With Autumn comes the obligatory changing of the leaves and the lovely colors of fall begin to display themselves.

Birthdays Henry Cavendish, British physicist and chemist 1731, Giuseppe Verdi, Italian opera composer 1814, Helen Hayes, American actor 1900, Thelonius Monk, American jazz pianist and composer 1917.

The Hits Just Keep On Coming

A man was in a terrible accident, and his 'manhood' was mangled and torn from his body. His doctor assured him that modern medicine could give him back his manhood, but that his insurance wouldn't cover the surgery since it was considered cosmetic.

The doctor said the cost would be $3,500 for 'small,' $6,500 for 'medium,' and $14,000 for 'large.' The man was sure he would want a medium or large, but the doctor urged him to talk it over with his wife before he made any decision. The man called his wife on the phone and explained their options.

The doctor came back into the room, and found the man looking dejected. 'Well, what have the two of you decided?' asked the doctor. The man said, "She'd rather remodel the kitchen."

A husband and wife came for counseling after 15 years of marriage. When asked what the problem was, the wife went into a passionate, painful tirade listing every problem they had ever had in the 15 years they had been married.

She went on and on and on: neglect, lack of intimacy, emptiness, loneliness, feeling unloved and unlovable, an entire laundry list of un-met needs she had endured over the course of their marriage.

Finally, after allowing this to go on for a sufficient length of time, the therapist got up, walked around the desk and, after asking the wife to stand, embraced and kissed her passionately. The woman shut up and quietly sat down as though in a daze.

The therapist turned to the husband and said, "This is what your wife needs at least three times a week Can you do this?" The husband thought for a moment and replied,.. "Well, I can drop her off here on Mondays and Wednesdays, but on Friday's, I fish! "

That's it for today my little butter beans. Have a great and safe weekend and more on Monday.

Stay Tuned !

19 comments:

garnett109 said...

Jim I second that motion for the cats ass award

Beth said...

Have a great weekend!

Amelia said...

Hey Jimmy. I got my Player at www.playlist.com. Just add your music to your playlist and copy the html code.

To put it in your blog:
Go to your Blog
Click Customize
Click ADD GADGET
ADD HTML/JAVASCRIPT
Paste your code
Save

I adjusted the size of mine by making adjustments to the html code. Let me know if you need help with that. Oh and AOL sooo deserves the CAT"S ASS AWARD!!

*M*

Claudia said...

The award I like the best is the
AHOY award. That is the acromnym for A** Hole Of the Year.

I think possible that award can be included.

Claudia

Melanie said...

AOL has my vote too!!

Melanie

Rose said...

You didn't scroll down far enough.......I most certainly do have the Area 51 Logo there.

It would be my pleasure for you to drive up to Boca and join me and my friends for a drink! Oh, did I mention that Pranzo's give the men half price during the hours the ladies drink free...5:00-7:00PM. Cool

I think I lost some Internet Friends because I had to first change it to Red Roses Are Read...now it is back to what it orginally was at AOL "Roses-Are_Read"

Have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs, Rose.........give Garnett my new blogger email address. Thanks

Coelha :B said...

I agree...AOL does deserve the CAT award. :) Have a great weekend-what a beautiful picture! Julie

Martha said...

LOL! You are too much! Happy Friday! Cheers! :-)

Anne said...

Send name of therapist STAT. Anne

Missie said...

Let me know when the award ceremony is! LOL

SolitaryDancer said...

I don't think I've read your blog before. But, i sure am now. Good stuff and I'll be back.

deb

Sherry said...

I agree 100% aol is the winner
hugs
Sherry
http://onebiteonestepatatime.blogspot.com/

Julie said...

I loved the last joke. I vote yay for the cat ass award also

Adirondackcountrygal said...

Hi thanks for your comment, I'm not sure how to change the font color in those areas. Linda

Paula said...

Always get a kick outta your jokes.

natalie said...

congratulations Jimmy!
please let me know waht email you are now using!
Lurkyna@Aol.com

natalie said...

Jimmy please visit me at
Http://lurkynatsworld.blogspot.com

natalie said...

thanks for visiting me Jimmy!
natalie

Kelly said...

Hey Jimmy! I have to say nominated AOL for the Cats Ass is a stellar idea. I think they deserve it for sure! Thats okay though, we will adapt and they can fall back into that fiery pit they came from, right? ;) As always, I enjoy the trivia and jokes. Where you come up with all this I dont know, but I sure do like the way you present it every day. :) Thanks for all you do. Hugs, Kelly