Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Maybe It's Because There Was A Full Moon.....

I don't know if it's because of the recent full moon or there's something in the water, but it seems that lately, everyone and his uncle has been running off at the mouth. One would think that people fortunate enough to have either the luck or the talent to become celebrities, albeit through sports, music or anything else, would appreciate their gifts and just play happily with others. One would think.....

Perhaps if some of these assholes had to get up everyday and work the entire day at a thankless job with low pay and a questionable future, they wouldn't engage their mouths before their mind was in gear.

Jimmy Carter, in a typical Jimmy Carter wingnut mentality, said that he thought that the recent uproar over U.S. Rep. Joe Wilson's outburst during a speech by President Barack Obama was "based on racism." Responding to an audience question at a town hall at his presidential center in Atlanta, Carter said Tuesday that Wilson's outburst was also rooted in fears of a black president.

Uh, the last time I checked, Obama won the presidency with more than 50% of the vote. Racism? Does that mean that if you dislike like the views and postion of a politician and you speak out, you're a racist? Does that mean everytime you disagree with a black politician, he'll pull the race card? That particular crutch has already been used too much!

I would expect words like Carter's to come from assholes like "Podium Al" Sharpton who makes his living causing racial controversy. I certainly didn't hear or see anything come out of Sharpton's mouth when the two black thugs beat the shit out of a white kid on a school bus yesterday. Reverse the colors of the participants in that melee and watch Al come running with his portable podium with cries of racism.

Charges of racism should not fly when it's convenient for the banner carrier. Racism exists in many ways and all of it should be condemned whether the victim is black, white or purple.

There were other instances of "foot in mouth disease" as well. Kanye West and Venus William's recent actions were not too bright, either. Venus' outburst was a bit more understandable due to the heat of the moment and merited an apology, which was given by Venus. Kanye West's tirade, aided by the brandy which he was openly drinking and sharing with others before the show, was just typical Kanye West ignorance and stupidity.

In 2007, 340-pound Adam Childers was smacked in the back by a freezer door while working at The Gourmet Pizza in Schererville, Ind. Surgery was necessary to alleviate severe pain, provided he underwent weight-loss surgery first to drop major pounds from a body that had ballooned to 380 pounds post-injury. The pizza shop argued they shouldn't have to fork over the $20,000 to $25,000 for lap-band surgery since Childers was obese before he met the freezer door.

The court disagreed, stating his weight and the accident were considered a single injury. This isn't the first lawsuit, others have ruled similarly. Scratching your head on this one? You can imagine small-to-medium businesses quietly ratcheting up discriminatory hiring practices against obese people. Yet with one-third of Americans obese, there goes a huge chunk of the hiring pool. And lap-band surgery is no cakewalk -- what about possible serious post-surgical complications? Childers suffers more, and The Gourmet Pizza could potentially have to pay more.

In the freebie department. Carvel, for its customer appreciation day, is giving a way a free Oreo "Lil' Rounder" on September 24, between the hours of 3 pm to 7 pm. It's Carvel vanilla ice cream between two Oreo wafers. On their site, there's also a coupon for $3.00 off an 18 count package. I'm sure that its for "participating retailers" but if you have kids and happen to live near a Carvel store, you might want to call and see if they "participate." I figure if it's ice cream and Oreos and it's free, count me in! Here's the link: http://www.carvel.com/home.html

This Date In History: 1620; A group of 102 Pilgrims, most of them religious dissenters known as Separatists, depart for North America from Plymouth aboard the Mayflower. 1804; French physicist Joseph Louis Gay-Lussac ascends to a record height of 23,018 ft in a hydrogen balloon. He measures of the earth's magnetism, temperature, air pressure, and chemical composition.

1810; Father Miguel Hidalgo y Castilla begins a revolt for Mexican independence from Spain, which will be formally granted ten years later after a long revolutionary war. 1966; The new Metropolitan Opera House at Lincoln Center in New York opens, with the debut performance of Samuel Barber's Antony and Cleopatra, starring Leontyne Price. 1976; The Episcopal Church allows the ordination of women as priests and bishops.

Birthdays: Francis Parkman, historian 1823, Karen Horney, psychiatrist 1885, Lauren Bacall, film actor 1924, B. B. King, blues guitarist and singer 1925, James Alan McPherson, writer 1943.

Printable Things I Never Told You: 1) President Obama and I rarely agree on anything, but when the Prez called Kanye West a "jackass", he hit the nail on the head. Now that's calling a spade, a spade! 2) The reason that divorce is so expensive is because it's worth it. 3) I think tattoos and piercing are fine if you want them, but please don't pretend they are a political statement. 4) When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them. 5) The difference between a new girlfriend and a new dog is that after a year, the dog is still excited to see you.....and that's five !

Picture Of The Day: Well, the annual Preparation H graphic seems to be the perfect picture to describe today's suspects. I've used this fraphic many times in the past and it always seems to fit the subjects.

The AREA51 Retirement Home Bar and Grill: A retired gentleman went to the social security office to apply for Social Security. The woman behind the counter asked him for his driver's license to verify his age. He looked in his pockets and realized he had left his wallet at home. He told the woman that he was very sorry but he seemed to have left his wallet at home.

The man says, "I will have to go home and come back later." The woman says, "Unbutton your shirt." So he opens his shirt revealing curly silver hair. She says, "That silver hair on your chest is proof enough for me," and she processed his Social Security application.

When he gets home, the man excitedly tells his wife about his experience at the social security office. She says, "You should have dropped your pants. You might have gotten disability too!"

The Hits Just Keep On Coming:

Mother Superior called all the nuns together and said to them, "I must tell you all something. We have a case of gonorrhea in the convent." An elderly nun at the bank said, "Thank God, I'm so tired of Chardonnay."

While walking in the convent a priest passed one of the nuns and noticed she was gaining a little weight. The priest said, "Gaining a little weight, are we Sister Angela?" Sister Angela said, "No, Father, it's just a little gas." A couple of months later, the priest noticed Sister Angela pushing a baby carriage through the convent. Approaching her, he leaned over, looked in the carriage and said, "My, what a cute little fart!"

Leroy goes to the revival and listens to the preacher. After awhile the preacher asks anyone with needs to be prayed over to come forward to the front at the altar. Leroy gets in line, and when it's his turn, the preacher asks, "Leroy, what do you want me to pray about for you?" Leroy replies, "Preacher, I need you to pray for my hearing."

The preacher puts one finger in Leroy's ear, and he places the other hand on top of Leroy's head and prays and prays and prays. After a few minutes, the preacher removes his hands, stands back and asks Leroy: "Leroy, how is your hearing now?" Leroy says, "I don't know, Reverend, it's not until next Wednesday."

A man is struck by a bus on a busy street in New York City. He lies dying on the sidewalk as a crowd of on-lookers gathers around. The man gasps. "A priest, please somebody get me a priest!" A policeman checks the crowd. No priest, no minister, no man of God of any kind.

A little old man steps out of the crowd and says, "Mr. Policeman, I'm not a priest. I'm not even a Catholic. But for fifty years now I've been living behind St. Elizabeth's Catholic Church on First Avenue, and every night I'm listening to the Catholic litany. Maybe I can be of some comfort to this man."

The policeman agrees and brings the elderly man over to where the dying man lay. He kneels down, leans over the injured man and says slowly in a solemn voice, "B-4. I-19. N-38. G-54. O-72..."

That's it for today my little grocery carts. Remember, beauty is only a light switch away. Happy Hump Day to all and I'm off to AREA 51 to see if that adage is true. More on Friday.

Stay Tuned !

12 comments:

Anne said...

Now you've gone and gone it. I actually laughed out loud. (It felt good too!) Anne

Julie said...

I get very tired of the racism card also, but Jimmy Carter is known for his stupid comments. Lots of stupid stuff going on this week and Acorn tops the list. Sheesh. Oh, and those feet graphics, yikes. Thanks for the laughs and the groans. Better then pain meds.

Paula said...

The nuns and priests are givng the cowboys and Texans a rest in jokesville. lol I like them all Jimmy.

Senorita said...

I live in a very liberal area and if people knew I didn't vote for Obama I would be branded a racist. I am sick of all this racism bs.

Dirk said...

I'm so tired of the old, worn-out racist tirades. This comment by Carter being made right after the 9/12 march was no coincidence. The good news is that liberals always go there when they have nothing else. And they go there fast because they never have anything to argue against the facts. I think they use it because it's the one allegation that requires no documentation or proof. Make the allegation, and the person is branded. Guilty until proven guilty.

Dirk
THE FIRST AMENDMENT, NOT POLITICALLY CORRECT II
http://tsalagiman2.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I've done plenty of Republican voting(with some Democratic, mostly local)but I was always a fan of Carter. I'm still a fan of Carter the man, and partly of Carter the political entity. Before the election I witnessed both fear & loathing in regards to the idea of a black president-BUT HE WON. In this instance Carter went over the top with his remarks. There is some fear of a black president, some racism, definitely, but that isn't what the particular remark centered on.

One of the last people I'd want for prez would be Palin, but if Wilson had said that to Palin, or to Bush, the same people who are using this as ammo now would have cheered. ~Mary

salemslot9 said...

my John liked the ice cream photo
Carvel is less than 5 miles away
never heard of it

Rose said...

Loved the graphic of the feet!

The priest joke was hysterical.

Hugs, Rose

Unknown said...

Hi Jimmy,

I agree with you I so hate the race card that always gets pulled. Its a little played out get over it and move on. Great jokes as always and I love the patrick Swayze phote I am going to miss him for sure.

Missie said...

I think more people need to go back to basics with the good old saying....If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all!

I could not believe that musician guy did what he did, and I can't believe Carter would bring up the race card!!

Linda's World said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda's World said...

I truly believe it's time for the former President Carter to check into a secure old folks home. He's really gone off to the weird side. I guess I'll have to travel if I want to go to a Carvel store...I know we don't have them here in my neck of the woods. Linda in Washington