Monday, April 7, 2014

Awaiting The Birth Of A New Dawn


My sincere thanks to my family, friends and readers for your heartwarming responses to the death of my cat Possum. I can't begin to tell you how much it helped me. Possum was just a kitten when I found him. Someone had tossed him into a dumpster and I happened to hear him crying. He was by my side for the next 12 years.


I am trying to forget his last days and, instead, remember the times we had together. One of the more humorous things I remember was that he always thought I sang to him. Whether singing live or playing one of my songs, as soon as he heard my voice, he would come to me, sit down and stare at me.

Possum was a smart cat and knew how to open any door in the house. I'm convinced that he could have opened the front door if he had thumbs. We had a good run together and I will miss him. Rest In Peace my dear friend.


It has been over 18 months since the deaths of Ambassador Chris Stevens, Glen Doherty, Sean Smith and Tyrone Woods in Benghazi, Libya. Mike Morell, former acting director of the CIA testified in front of Congress last week. Without a doubt, he is the living embodiment and mentality of George McFly.

The former deputy director of the CIA insisted during a congressional hearing Wednesday that he did not alter the infamous 2012 Benghazi talking points due to political pressure, despite pointed questioning by Rep. Michele Bachmann (R).

Bachmann argued such changes were of importance. She said, "You made significant, substantive changes for the White House. Whether it was on their behalf, we don’t know. But we know you are the one that made those changes."

Personally, I believe that he altered the talking points to aid Obama's re-election bid and quite possibly at Obama's behest. Moreover his words and actions tend to show me that he was completely unqualified for his job.


On a sad note, Entertainment legend Mickey Rooney, who bounced on stage before he was two and rarely left the spotlight for the next nine decades, first winning fame as the teenage Andy Hardy and then going on to appear in over 100 films, along with stints on television and in the theater, died Sunday at the age of 93.

The News As I See It: CNN and other news sites are still over-reporting and bombarding the airwaves on this Malaysian jet incident. I guess the only thing left to do is drop Wolf Blitzer in the Indian Ocean and see how long it takes to find him.

Obama invited the U.S. Olympic team to the White House yesterday to congratulate them on their performance in Sochi. Of course it got awkward when Biden told the biathletes, "I won't rest until all you guys can get married."

The Secret Service arrested a man today after he tried to scale a fence at the White House. They reportedly said to the man, 'Sorry, but you still have two more years, Mr. Obama

This Date In History: 1862; Gen. Ulysses S. Grant defeated the Confederates at the battle of Shiloh. 1913; 5,000 suffragists march to the Capitol in Washington, D.C. , seeking the vote for women. 1927; U.S. secretary of commerce Herbert Hoover’s Washington speech was seen and heard in New York in the first long-distance television transmission.

1948; The World Health Organization, a UN agency, was founded. 1949; Rodgers’ and Hammerstein’s Pulitzer Prize winner, South Pacific opened on Broadway. 1994; Hutu extremists in Rwanda began massacring ethnic Tutsis and politically moderate Hutus. In 100 days of killing, an estimated 800,000 are murdered. 2003; Cécile de Brunhoff, creator of Babar the elephant, died.

Picture Of The Day: Dubai, United Arab Emirates.


Printable Things I Never Told You: 1) Five out of six people enjoy Russian Roulette. 2) I have always been suspicious of Wendy's hamburgers because they are square, much unlike the round hamburgers one finds in nature. 3) Having a toddler is like harboring a bipolar, schizophrenic, incontinent, adorable, tiny dictator. 4) A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory. 5) The correct term for gluten-free, sugarless, vegan brownies is "compost.".....and that's five !

Today's HoroscopeAries - April 7th: Teepees are a saucy place to hide out and make love. That should make your wig warm.

Birthdays: My friend Sheila - Happy Birthday Baby 19XX, William Wordsworth, English poet 1770, Billie Holiday, singer 1915, Ravi Shankar, sitarist and composer 1920, Francis Ford Coppola, filmmaker 1939, Gerhard Schröder, chancellor of Germany 1944, Jackie Chan, actor 1954, Russell Crowe, actor 1964.


The AREA 51 Retirement Home Bar And Grill: The children were lined up in the cafeteria of a Catholic elementary school for lunch. At the head of the table was a large pile of apples. The nun made a note, and posted on the apple tray: "Take only one. God is watching."

Moving further along the lunch line, at the other end of the table was a large pile of chocolate chip cookies. A child had written a note, "Take all you want. God is watching the apples."

Dave and his new wife had just returned from his honeymoon and was settling down in their new apartment. Coming home from work one night the landlady met Dave in the hallway and said, "I have a couple of extra tickets to a play in town tonight, and I wonder if you and your new bride would like to have them?" Dave replied, "I'll ask her."

He opened the door to his apartment and called out, "Honey, would you like to see 'Oliver Twist' tonight?" His bride retorted, "No way! If you show me one more trick with that thing, I'm going home to my Mother!"
 

The Hits Just Keep On Coming: A doctor always stopped at a local bar after work for a hazelnut daiquiri, a special drink the bartender created just for him. One day, the bartender ran out of hazelnut flavor so he substituted hickory nuts instead.

The doctor took one sip of the drink and exclaimed, "This isn't a hazelnut daiquiri!" The bartender replied, "No, I'm sorry, it's a hickory daiquiri, doc."

A Cowboy is riding the range when he gets ambushed by some Indians. They take him back to their village to see the chief. The Chief looks at the cowboy and says, "White man, you will die at sundown, but Chief is not as evil as white man, so you gettum three wishes. What is your first wish?"

The cowboy looks around, thinks, then says, "Well, may I talk to my horse great chief?" The Chief looks puzzled, laughs to his tribe and says "Yes, you may talk to your horse."

The cowboy goes to his horse and whispers in it's ear, the horse looks puzzled, but then with bright eyes it gallops off in a cloud of dust. The Indians just sit and laugh at the cowboy for wasting his wish.

Suddenly, the horse returns with a blonde riding upon its back. The Indians look amazed. The chief grins, points to a secluded teepee. The cowboy now looks embarrassed, so he takes the blonde and goes into the teepee.

An hour later he comes out and says, "Chief, may I talk to my horse again?" The chief says sure, but that will be wish number two. The cowboys goes to the horse and once again whispers into its ear, and with a gallop, the horse is off!

15 minutes later, the horse returns, this time with a brunette aboard. Once again the cowboy is shown the secluded teepee. An hour later the cowboy comes out, obviously tired now, with only a few hours left before sundown.

He looks to the chief, and before he says a word, the chief grins and says "Sure, crazy white man you can talk to your horse" So the cowboy goes to the horse, grabs him by the ear and yells "Let's get this straight, you idiot! I said, 'Posse! Go get a posse!'"

That's it for today, my little tadpoles. Remember, always look both ways before crossing a woman.

More on Wednesday.

Stay Tuned !

3 comments:

jack69 said...

Love your possum story, especially the kind beginning…
Of course the talking points were altered for the White house either because of direct or indirect direction. It would have hurt the president immensely What a sleazy bunch.

I liked Mickey Rooney. It seems no one but me remember him in Drive a crooked Road, I wanted to be in the car with him… LOL And yelling posse into the steering wheel. Did I get that right?

I hate to admit it but I had to go back and re read the ‘hickory daiquiri, doc‘. Before I ended up with green tea in my nose.

Thanks for the education and good read. Beautiful pictures tonight of course.

From South Carolina (where we are building pontoons on the motor home instead of an ark)

Julie said...

Possum was such a cute little kitten. You 2 had a good run together. I love that last joke, posse, Ha. I wish I was having lunch at that restaurant.

Linda's World said...

Great post. We will always remember sweet Possum. If Bob wasn't allergic to cats I'd have another one in a heart beat.