Monday, March 31, 2014

Possum Has Crossed Over The Rainbow Bridge


My cat Possum crossed the rainbow bridge today and my heart aches with sadness. Possum had been sick for about a month and, deep down in my heart, I knew his time was drawing near. He passed peacefully.


As you may understand, my desire and ability to write today's journal is not there. I don't deal well with death and I would be remiss in trying to publish my journal on such a heartbreaking today. If things go well, I will resume publishing Jimmy's Journal on Friday.


As I try to deal with Possum's passing, I have decided that I will withhold any publication on Possum's Journal until I am able to gather myself and write a memorial for him without crying.

Possum was my friend and pal and I will miss him very, very much.

Possum S. Hemmingway (2003 - 2014).

I love you.

Jimmy

11 comments:

Linda's World said...

I am so sorry to hear this. Big hugs to you as you work thru the grief of losing your best friend. Believe me when I say that we ALL loved Possum and we will never forget him. I know he's with Gabi...running thru the fields over the Rainbow Bridge.

jack69 said...

Amazing how we get wrapped in the love an animal. It has been a long time, but yes. I still remember.
Take care my friend, sorry....

Tabby said...

Awww Jimmy I am so sorry for your lost :( I know what it is to love a kitty as my kitty is like my daughter. Hugs and strength my friend.

Paula said...

So sorry Jimmy.

Jeanie said...

Aww Jimmy! I am so sorry to read this about your best friend. I know how hard it is to loose one. Take your time dear chap and remember all the 'bestest' of times you had together. I hope these memories bring back your smile.
Bless Possum and you.

Julie said...

Oh Jimmy, I am so sorry. We all the deep hurt and pain the passing of of a beloved pet leaves. Possum was always there for Zoey when Zoey was sick and their to welcome Hoss and Xena when they were added to my family. Possum was a very special cat loved by many. Hugs my friend.

Brother Kirt said...

sorry jim

1045226a-bab0-11e3-988c-000f20980440 said...

So sorry to hear Jim. Praying for you.

Jeanne said...

So sorry to hear Jim. Praying for you.

Linda :) said...

I'm so sorry... Sending special thoughts and gentle hugs.......

salemslot9 said...

nooooooooo

i have tears
for you Jimmy
and
for your dear Possum

love