Monday, July 28, 2014

Friday Night At Sabores Restaurant


Friday night at Sabores turned out great. There were a lot laughs, many good singers and more importantly, my favorite ladies were out in all their glory. It was also Sidney Garton's 87th birthday and Sid and I go back around 35 years. Sid (above left) is a great singer as is the lovely Luly (above right).

I established my AREA 51 outpost in the rear of the bar and was fortunate to have many of the beautiful ladies sitting nearby. It was a night of fun and great to see Ileana, Sandra, Ernie and my ageless high school pal, Randy and his lady, Linda.


The night was electric and it was also great to listen to my friend Carol singing a number of her favorites songs. Some of the people who attended I had only met on Facebook and it was great to see Michelle, who along with Sandra, decided to make a "Jimmy sandwich". This, evidently, inspired my friends to take delight at my situation and was followed by a number of cellphone pictures.


The look on my face has no reflection on the beautiful women with me. The look does, however, reflect the pain in my right knee, which I managed to injure about a week ago. One would think that by now, I would have mastered the art of walking from my living room to the kitchen, but one would be wrong. Of course, the girls had no idea that I had an injured knee.

Crazy seems to go with AREA 51 and we all laughed the whole evening. As more drinks are consumed, the pictures get a bit more uninhibited as reflected in the picture of Sandra and Ileana "kicking back" below as Luly and I (background) read the bible.


I love to party, especially when I know a lot of the people that are there. Walter and Anne were there also celebrating his birthday. Probably one of the greatest things to watch is when the girls group up to sing. They all put their hearts into it and let it all hang out.



It's always nice to see Carol and Roland, along with Mel who were holding down the corner table. Carol's a great songstress and it's a pleasure to occasionally sing duets with her.

All in all, it was a fun night at my AREA 51 outpost and my great friends and I closed the bar sometime after 2 a.m. There were no hits, no runs, no errors and one man left on base. The one man successfully navigated to home base.

The News As I See It: Instead of sending troops down to the border, we just do what you do when you run out of candy on Halloween. Let's turn off the lights and pretend America's not home.

Secretary of State John Kerry traveled to Egypt and had to pass through a metal detector before he could meet with officials. That is ridiculous. Everyone knows he's made of wood.


This Date In History: 1540; King Henry VIII of England's chief minister, Thomas Cromwell, was executed and Henry married his fifth wife, Catherine Howard. 1750; The great baroque composer Johann Sebastian Bach died.

1794; Robespierre, one of the leading figures of the French Revolution, was sent to the guillotine. 1821; Peru declared its independence from Spain. 1868; The 14th Amendment to the Constitution, which established the citizenship of African Americans and guaranteed due process of law, was ratified.

1914; Austria-Hungary declared war on Serbia, precipitating the start of World War I. 1932; Herbert Hoover ordered Douglas MacArthur to evict the Bonus Marchers from their camps. 2002; Nine Pennsylvania coal miners were rescued after 77 hours of being trapped in a mine shaft.

Picture Of The Day: My pal high school pal Randy and the beautiful Linda dancing to the music of DJ Jeff.


Printable Things I Never Told You: 1) I bought some $200 sunglasses and lost them in 15 minutes. I bought some Walmart sunglasses and I've had them for 238 years. 2) Some mornings I wake up grumpy, other times I let her sleep. 3) (Police): "Where were you between 5 and 6?" (Me): "Kindergarten." 4) I had a prostate exam recently and I have a question. Is it normal for the doctor to dim the lights and put on a Johnny Mathis album? 5) One of my blonde girlfriends thinks that an erection is when Japanese people vote.....and that's five !

Today's HoroscopeLeo - July 28th: The future will find you in good spirits. In the midst of these good spirits you may meet someone that you are immediately fond of. Due to this, your good spirits will wax and wane over the coming weeks. Dontcha just hate it when your spirits wax and wane?

Birthdays: My friends Paula and Ryan - Happy Birthday 19XX, Beatrix Potter, author 1866, Marcel Duchamp, painter 1887, Jacqueline Onassis, First Lady (1961-1963) 1928, Bill Bradley, professional basketball player 1943.


The AREA 51 Retirement Home Bar And Grill: A completely inebriated man walked into a bar and, after staring for some time at the only woman seated at the bar, walked over to her and placed his hand on her thigh. She jumped up and slapped him silly.

He immediately apologized and explained, "I'm sorry. I thought you were my wife. You look exactly like her." The woman yelled, "Why you drunken, worthless, insufferable asshole!" The drunk muttered, "You sound like her too!"

Two elderly folks, Murray and Rose, lived in a nursing home wanted to get married. Their doctor took each one into his office separately to try and talk them out of it.

He called in Rose and said, "Rose, you know Murray has already suffered two heart attacks." Rose said, "I don't care. I love him and I want to get married."

The doctor called in Murray and said, "Look, Murray, I know you want to get married, but I must tell you that Rose has acute angina." Murray said, "I know. She's got great tits too!"


The Hits Just Keep On Coming: A man wanted an attack dog to protect his business, so he visited a kennel that specialized in attack dogs. The man explained to the kennel owner that he wanted the biggest, meanest, most vicious dog in the kennel, and the owner offered to take the man on a tour of the premises.

After they had been walking for a few minutes, they came upon a large dog. He was snarling loudly and biting and clawing at the cage. The buyer said, "He looks like he'd be a pretty good attack dog." The owner answered, "Well, he's not bad, but I have something better in mind for you."

They continued walking around the premises, and after a while they found an even larger, meaner dog than the first. He snarled at the two men and tried to bite them through the wire on his cage. The buyer said, "Ah, this must be the dog you were referring to earlier." The owner replied, "Well, no, I have something better in mind for you."

The men continued their tour. Eventually, they came upon a fairly large dog that was lying quietly on his side, licking his ass. He did not seem to notice as the men approached. The owner said, "This is the dog I had in mind for you."

The buyer was flabbergasted and exclaimed, "You're joking!" This dog seems quite tame. He doesn't act at all like an attack dog at all. Hell, he's just lying there, licking his ass!" The owner said, "I know, I know, but you see, he just ate a lawyer and he's trying to get the taste out of his mouth."

A priest and a rabbi were sitting next to each other on an airplane. After a while, the priest turned to the rabbi and asked, '"Is it still a requirement of your faith that you not eat pork?" The rabbi responded, "Yes, that is still one of our laws."

The priest then asked, "Have you ever eaten pork?" To which the rabbi replied, "Yes, on one occasion, I did succumb to temptation and tasted a ham sandwich." The priest nodded in understanding and went on with his reading.

A while later, the rabbi spoke up and asked the priest, "Father, is it still a requirement of your church that you remain celibate?" The priest replied, "Yes, that is still very much a part of our faith." The rabbi then asked him, "Father, have you ever fallen to the temptations of the flesh?" The priest replied, "Yes, rabbi, on one occasion I was weak and broke my Faith."

The rabbi nodded understandingly and remained silent. The rabbi pondered over the conversation for about five minutes. Finally, the rabbi leaned over to the priest and said, "Beats the shit out of a ham sandwich, doesn't it?"

That's it for today, my little sunflowers. Remember, relationships are made in heaven but, then again, so are thunder and lightning.

More on Wednesday.

Stay Tuned !

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG.........OLIVE-U! I wish I had more and better words, but it sums it up to a tee! BRILLIANT! ANNE

jack69 said...

Okay, it seems that a great time was had by all. I’m guess the Bible was on Kindle, but glad SHE brought it.(smile).

It might be just me, but a Jimmy sandwich looks more fun than a truck sandwich I find myself in at times. (OH!)

I always like come here, I get an education and laughs at the same time.
I am glad I got the prostate/and prostitute thing straightened out in my head.

Erection? What Erection? Is one coming up soon?

Yeah, the ham sandwich is a distant second.
Great pictures of the evening. Thanks for letting us enjoy the evening.

We are in Sturbridge, Mass. Terrible cell signal, so I B late getting here. I get to play 5 solitary games between pages on the net.
Take care….