Monday, November 10, 2014

An Evening With Friends At Sabores Restaurant

 
I enjoyed myself Friday night at Sabores Restaurant with my friends Luly, Paul and Ileana. Luly brought chocolate chip cookies which went quite well with my scotch. There were a number of pictures taken and I have included a few in today's post.

Alas, when I went to my car to get my good camera, I had some problems and ended up having to cut the evening early with car problems. As of today, I haven't been able to solve the problem, We've established it's an electrical problem and, as it stands, my mechanic won't  be able to do anything until next week.


I was watching a rerun of Ground Hog Day last night and it reminded me of a ski trip to Heavenly Valley in Lake Tahoe. Chevy Chase runs into Ned Ryerson, a high school chum turned insurance salsman in the early part of the movie. He subsequently steps into a pothole ladened with freezing ice water He continues to step in the same pothole as the comedy continues to repeat.

I find this more humerous than most people in that I did the same thing in 1984, dressed in street shoes, as we went to a local restaurant for dinner. The Deja Vu part came at Lake Tahoe in 1985 when I stepped into the same ice ladened pothole, at the same exact restaurant.....


The News As I See It: The Democrats were crushed in the midterm elections. The Republican juggernaut pounded the Democrats and the pundits say they will not really know what happened to the Democrats until they find the black box.

New York City has 2 million rats. They say they used to have 8 million rats. Now there down to 2 million. You know what that means? They lose four electoral votes.

It was a great day for the great state of Texas. The last person being tested for Ebola has come back clean. So Texas is now Ebola free. This was a big week for them. They're now free of Ebola and Democrats.

Democrats in state legislatures are at their lowest level since the 1920s. President Obama has a can't-miss strategy to save the party in 2016. He's leaving.

NBC Sports will air a special that follows Tom Brokaw as he goes pheasant hunting in South Dakota. He doesn't even shoot them. He just talks to them for two minutes until they go to sleep.
 
Emerald Bay, Lake Tahoe

This Date In History: 1871; Journalist and explorer Henry Stanley found the missing David Livingstone in Central Africa and made his famous comment, "Dr. Livingstone, I presume?"

1928; Hirohito was crowned Emperor of Japan. 1951; The first long distance telephone call without operator assistance took place.

1969; Sesame Street premiered on PBS TV. 1970; The Great Wall of China opened to the world for tourism. 1982; The Vietnam Veterans Memorial opened in Washington, DC.

Picture Of The Day: Gotta love the puppy !


Printable Things I Never Told You: 1) My uncle used to be a lifeguard, but some blue kid got him fired. 2) She said that she had been married three times. I could tell it was more than that by the rice marks on her face. 3) Today I learned that wolves are not ticklish. Tomorrow I need to learn how to tie my shoes with one hand.

4) My grandfather was hard of hearing. He needed to read lips. I didn’t mind him reading lips, but he used one of those yellow highlighters. 5) Political correctness is a useless theorem that allows the few to endanger the many. It is only necessary when being polite to ugly babies and women.....and that's five !

Today's HoroscopeScorpio - November 10th: Just because it's Monday doesn't mean your day won't go well. By the same token, the lottery is not written for you in the stars either. Just take the bird in the hand and forget about the two in the bush. Chance of romance is 17.35 percent.

Birthdays: My niece Sommer and my friend Francine - Happy Birthday ladies! 19XX, Martin Luther, German leader of the Protestant Reformation 1483, William Hogarth, painter, satirist, engraver 1697, Oliver Goldsmith, author 1730, Samuel Gridley Howe, reformer and philanthropist 1801, Claude Rains, actor 1889, J. P. Marquand, novelist 1893, Richard Burton, actor 1925, Russell Means, activist, actor 1939, Donna Fargo, singer 1945, Ann Reinking, dancer, choreographer, and actor 1949, Roland Emmerich, filmaker 1955, Neil Gaiman, writer 1960 Brittany Murphy, actress 1977.


The AREA 51 Retirement Home Bar And Grill: She married and had 13 children. Her husband died. She married again and had 7 more children. Again, Her husband died. But, she remarried and this time had 5 more children. Alas, she finally died.

Standing before her coffin, the preacher prayed for her. He thanked the Lord for this very loving woman and said, "Lord, they're finally together."

One mourner leaned over and quietly asked her friend, "Do you think he means her first, second or third husband?" The friend replied, "I think he means her legs."

One morning a woman and her baby were taking a bus. As she entered the bus the driver says "Wow that is one ugly baby." The woman deeply hurt just continued on the bus and found a seat next to an elderly man.

The man asks "What's wrong you look mad?" She replied "I am, that bus driver just insulted me." The man replied, "You shouldn't take that from him. He's a public worker and should give you respect. If I was you I would take down his badge number and report him."

The woman said, "You're right sir I think I will report him." The old man says, "You go on up there and get his badge number and I'll hold your monkey for you."


The Hits Just Keep On Coming: A husband and wife are waiting at the bus stop with their nine children. A blind man joins them after a few minutes. When the bus arrives, they find it overloaded and only the wife and the nine kids are able to fit onto the bus. So the husband and the blind man decide to walk.

After a while, the husband gets irritated by the ticking of the stick of the blind man as he taps it on the sidewalk, and says to him, "Why don't you put a piece of rubber at the end of your stick? That ticking sound is driving me crazy." The blind man replies, "If you would've put a rubber at the end of your stick, we'd both be riding the bus."

 A man walked into the produce section of his local supermarket and asked to buy half a head of lettuce. The boy working in that department told him that they only sold whole heads of lettuce. The man was insistent that the boy ask his manager about the matter.

Walking into the back room, the boy said to his manager, "Some asshole wants to buy a half a head of lettuce." As he was finishing his sentence, he turned to see the man standing right behind him. Not missing a beat, he continued, "and this gentleman kindly offered to buy the other half."

That's it for today, my little pea pickers. Remember, as you find a product that you really like, they will stop making it.

More on Wednesday.

Stay Tuned !

2 comments:

Paula said...

I was just thinking that same thing today. Every time I find a product I really like, they either stop making it or stop selling it where I shop. Funny jokes, thanks.

jack69 said...

Glad you had a good time, A good time with pretty ladies makes it even better.
I did smile at the twice times in the some pot hole though.
Thanks for a fun read and good pictures.
From this end of the Turnpike...