Monday, January 18, 2016

It's Fun To Dilly-Dali On Friday Nights


Friday at Sabores I was joined by my friends Ileana, Luly, Paul, Rita and others for a night of fun and karaoke. Ileana, a renown portrait artist, was also there for a Salvador Dali art exposition the following evening.

As usual, there was a lot of joking and laughs and we are becoming more and more accustomed to getting an outside table for the fresh air and to dim the din of the music.



The night turned into an all-nighter as I joined my partners-in-crime, Luly and Paul, to go bar hopping and we headed toward a known late night watering hole. Unfortunately, the element that was standing outside encouraged us to look for a more suitable location.



We headed for the airport hotels which usually have a bar, but once again, we were foiled. I haven't been to the airport area in many mango seasons, and since they don't let me out of the home much, I enjoyed the excursion.

It seems, however, that most people are sleeping at 3 a.m. Hunger overpowered our search for another bar, so we stopped in at Denny's and ate breakfast. All and all, it was a great evening and I got home around 4 a.m.



For those that would like to see Ileana's work and more pictures, you can go to her blog at http://chica1665.blogspot.com/2016/

The News As I See It: The Republicans and Democrats held their debates last week with Republicans debating Tuesday night with two-tiered time slots because of the many candidates.

The Democratic debate was on Saturday evening, conveniently taking the time slot right after the NFL playoff games. They don't seem to want much publicity given the candidates.

I was amused when ABC announcer said the debate would have all the candidates. Yep, all three (3). The queen, Crazy Bernie and Martin O.Malley, whose presence seemed to be an afterthought.

One of Bernie's better remarks was when he questioned Hillary receiving $600,00 for speaking engagements from Goldman Sachs, a wall street giant who Hillary professes to be against.

A new poll shows that in the last month, Hillary Clinton's lead in Iowa has shrunk from 9 percent to 2 percent. Meanwhile, her fake smile has grown 200 percent.

An NFL player is about to become a father for the 12th time with nine different women. So, he was traded to the NBA.

This Date In History: 1733; The first polar bear was exhibited in America, in Boston. 1778; Captain James Cook became the first European to visit the Sandwich Islands (Hawaii).

1782; Daniel Webster was born in Salisbury, New Hampshire. 1788; The First Fleet, carrying convicts and sheep, arrived in Australia's Botany Bay.

1912; The ill-fated Scott expedition reached the South Pole, only to discover Amundsen had been there first. 1943; The Nazi siege of Leningrad was broken.

Picture Of The Day: The look says it all. This is how I'd like to die.....



Printable Things I Never Told You: 1) The woman in the Superman underwear next to me does not quite understand how white pants work. 2) Marriage is for people who want their break ups to involve paperwork. 3) (Judge): "Members of the jury, how do you find the defendant?" (Jury Foreman): "We can't find him at all." (Judge): "Dammit, this is the third robbery Waldo has gotten away with!" 4) People who go to the store and buy a single roll of toilet paper must not have an optimistic view of their life expectancy.  5) One thing I learned while I was out drinking last week was there is no such thing as a goalie in darts.....and that's five !

Today's Horoscope: Capricorn - January 18th: Dogs can be a man's best friend or a woman's best friend. They could also be a child's best friend or a cat's best friend. Actually, dogs are relatively flexible. You may wonder how this information is pertinent to you. Well, for one thing, you now know you have a pal who will chase cars with you.

Birthdays: Peter Roget, lexicographer 1779, Daniel Webster, American Statesman 1782, Joseph Glidden, inventor 1813, A.A. Milne, author 1882, Oliver Hardy, actor 1892, Cary Grant, actor 1904, Danny Kaye, actor, singer, comedian 1913, Kevin Costner, actor, filmmaker 1955.


In the very empty Marriott Hotel lobby

The AREA 51 Retirement Home Bar And Grill: A man went to the doctor complaining of insomnia. The doctor gave him a thorough examination and found absolutely nothing physically wrong with him.

The doctor said, "Listen, if you ever expect to cure your insomnia, you just have to stop taking your trouble to bed with you." The man, "I know, but I can't. My wife refuses to sleep alone."

Old Aunt Cora went to her doctor to see what could be done about her troublesome constipation. She said to the doctor. "It's terrible, I haven't moved my bowels in more than a week."

The doctor said, "I see. Have you done anything about it?" Aunt Cora replied, "Yes, I sit in the bathroom for a good half of an hour in the morning and then again at night."

The doctor said, "I mean do you take anything?" Aunt Cora replied, "Of course! I take a magazine."

The Hits Just Keep On Coming: A country boy came home and found his house on fire. He rushed next door, telephoned the fire department and shouted, "Hurry over here. My house is on fire!"

The fireman replied, "Okay! How do we get there?" The country boy says, "Don’t you still have those big red trucks?"

A man was sitting at a bar when he noticed a woman with a particularly large diamond ring. As he admired the ring, the bartender came over and said, "That's the Glopman diamond. It's beautiful, but it comes with a curse."

The man asked, "What's the curse?" The bartender replied, "Mrs. Glopman."

That's it for today, my little road runners. Remember, If they're going to call the cops every time they spot you in their bushes, I don't think your relationship is going to work.

Follow Jimmy's Journal on Facebook by clicking the "Follow This Blog" button at the top right of the page.

More on Wednesday.

Stay Tuned !

2 comments:

Ileana said...

Thank you for the sweet words, Jimmy. I'm not worthy but I must say, I do enjoy my weekends in Miami, especially when I'm surrounded by sweet, talented, fun-loving, funny friends. Thanks for capturing the good times and then posting them here so we can always come back and reminisce. Have a great week and I'll catch you next time for the Jimmy Club Sandwich with Sandra, Luly and the gang! ;)

jack69 said...

You hang with some mighty pretty ladies, Have one of them 'splain about the darts and goalies, That could be painful!!!
Enjoyed the read!