Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Sum Ting Wong


FBI worker "Joey" Chun pled guilty to being an agent for a Chinese technology company. You would think the FBI would have picked up on this after numerous calls to computer tech, "Sanjay", although you may know him as "Ernie" from Microsoft customer service.

I don't like the term "diversity" shoved down my throat. My choices are based on what and whom I like and dislike. Main stream advertisers make sure they highlight a minority in every ad. Yep, nothing more believable than watching an advertisement for country music with a Black actor and an Asian actor in the audience.

Hillary Clinton continues to spin the truth and lie. She is getting hammered for saying on "Fox News Sunday" that FBI Director James Comey confirmed her statements on her email scandal were "truthful" – with one prominent fact-checker giving the claim four "Pinocchios."

The former secretary of state cited Comey when asked to account for her repeated claims that she never sent or received material marked classified on her personal email account.

When host Chris Wallace noted that Comey said those things were not true, Clinton disagreed. " That's not what I heard Director Comey say... "Director Comey said that my answers were truthful and what I've said is consistent with what I have told the American people, that there were decisions discussed and made to classify retroactively certain of the emails."

The Washington Post Fact Checker picked apart that statement, ultimately giving it four "Pinocchios" its worst rating for truthfulness.

It bothers me that the mainstream media has spent so much time dwelling on remarks by Khizr Khan and so little on the Benghazi murder victim's mother, Patricia Smith. Both families suffered losses and each has the right to express their feelings. Let's give it a rest, shall we?  

The News As I See It: There's a new trend of parents naming their children after characters in Pokémon Go. Personally, I think this is a mistake and so do my sons, Mario and Luigi.

The summer Olympics start this Friday and I read that the organizing committee will stay aboard a docked cruise ship called "The Getaway", which will act as a floating hotel. Yep, 'cause nothing makes you feel safer about the Olympics than the organizers staying in a getaway boat. "You kids have fun! We’ll just be over here – with the engines running in case things go south."

A sky diver in California just became the first person to jump out of a plane from 25,000 feet without a parachute and land in a net. Or as Southwest Airlines calls it, "Business Class."

This Date In History: 1790; The first U.S. census was completed, showing a population of 3,929,214 people. 1876; Wild Bill Hickok was murdered in Deadwood, S.D. 1909; The first Lincoln penny was issued.

1923; Warren G. Harding, the 29th president of the United States, died in San Francisco. 1943; PT-109, a torpedo boat commanded by Lt. John F. Kennedy, was sunk off the Solomon Islands by a Japanese destroyer.

1945; The Potsdam Conference, in which Allied leaders planned the postwar governance of Germany, ended. 1990; The Persian Gulf War broke out when Iraq invaded Kuwait.

Picture Of The Day: Kun Shan "Joey" Chun......Spy



Printable Things I Never Told You: 1) During my last yearly check up, my doctor said, "Jimmy, under 'medical history', I was looking for something more specific to you, personally. You wrote 'Fleming discovered penicillin in 1928'." 2) Tequila will never be my downfall as the worm does not justify the hangover. 3) The best way to avoid a cold is washing your hands and never having children. 4) Sometimes I question my sanity. Occasionally, it replies. 5) When asked about his views on euthanasia, Al Sharpton replied, "Da youth in Asia are just like 'da kids everywhere else.".....and that's five !

Today's Horoscope: August 2nd : This weekend you're going to get a giddy feeling that you're going to be emotionally elevated to heights you've never before dreamed of being able to reach. The world will become your oyster, flowers will bloom in your presence, children will miraculously stop crying in your arms and dogs will quite their yappin' after midnight. Do me a favor and stop that yappin' dog first. He's driving me nuts!

Birthdays: Pierre Charles L'Enfant, soldier, engineer, and architect 1754, Elisha Gray, inventor 1835, John Sloan, artist 1871, Myrna Loy, actress 1905, Carroll O'Connor, actor 1922, James Baldwin, novelist 1924, Peter O'Toole, actor 1932.

The AREA 51 Retirement Home Bar And Grill: Obama was out jogging one morning along the parkway when he tripped, fell over the bridge railing and landed in the creek below. Before the Secret Service guys could get to him, 3 kids who were fishing pulled him out of the water. He was so grateful he offered the kids Whatever they wanted.

The first kid said, "I want to go to Disney World." Obama said, "No problem, I'll take you there on Air Force One." The second kid said, "I want a new pair of Nike Air Jordan shoes." Obama said, "I'll get them for you and even have Michael Jordan sign them."

The third kid said, '"I want a motorized wheelchair with a built in TV and stereo headset." Obama was a little perplexed by this and said, "But you don't look like you're handicapped." The kid replies, "I will be after my Dad finds out I saved your ass from drowning."

A man goes to the doctor and says, "I'm sorry doctor, I know this is unusual but I seem to have lettuce stuck in my ass!" The doctor replies, "Good grief! I'd better take a look." The doctor tells the man to undress and then examines him.

After the examination, the man asks the doctor, "Is it bad?" The doctor replies, "It's worse than than I thought and the bad thing is that it's just the tip of the iceberg."

The Hits Just Keep On Coming: My thanks to Sister Jean for her contribution to today's stories.

An elderly woman had just returned to her home from an evening of Church services when she was startled by an intruder. She caught the man in the act of robbing her home of its valuables and yelled, "Stop! Acts 2:38!" (Repent and be baptized, in the name of Jesus Christ so that your sins may be forgiven.) The burglar stopped in his tracks.

The woman calmly called the police and explained what she had done. As the officer cuffed the man to take him in, he asked the burglar, "Why did you just stand there? All the old lady did was yell a scripture to you." The thief replied, "Scripture? I though she said she had an Ax and Two 38's!"

A woman is throwing a party for her granddaughter and had gone all out.....a caterer, band and a hired clown. Just before the party started, two men showed up looking for a handout.

Feeling sorry for the men, the woman told them that she would give them a meal if they will help chop some wood for her out back. Gratefully, they headed to the rear of the house.

The guests arrived and all was going well with the children having a wonderful time. But the clown hadn't shown up. After a half and hour, the clown finally called to report that he was stuck in traffic and would probably not make the party at all.

The woman was very disappointed and unsuccessfully tried to entertain the children herself. She happened to look out the window and saw one of the men doing cartwheels across the lawn. She watched in awe as he swung from tree branches, did mid-air flips and leaped high in the air.

She spoke to the other man and said, "What your friend is doing is absolutely marvelous. I have never seen such a thing. Do you think your friend would consider repeating this performance for the children at the party? I would pay him $50!"

The other man says, "Well, I dunno. Let me ask him, "Hey Willie, for $50, would you chop off another toe?"

That's it for today, my little acorns. Remember, livestock is usually a poor choice for a wedding gift.

Follow Jimmy's Journal on Facebook by clicking the "Follow This Blog" button at the top right of the page.

More on Wednesday.

Stay Tuned !

1 comment:

jack69 said...

Great lines today. 'specially the youth in Asia!' Enjoyed the read.