Monday, December 22, 2014

Friday Night At Sabores Restaurant


My Friday night trek to AREA 51 took me to Sabores Restaurant for Karaoke and dancing. I sat with Luly and Paul, Ileana and Sandra. My back was to the stage, but as you can see above, my view was much better.

Luly brought cheesecake and I declined a slice, only to find out the next day, it was a guava cheesecake. I love guava cheesecake. Although Luly made it for her, I now realize why Ileana quietly absconded with the treat later in the night.


As usual, there were many good singers Friday night, including Luly and Carol, both of whom have great voices. As Paul and I concurred, there were also a few whose acts needed work, but it's all in fun and that's all that matters.

Both Ileana and Sandra recently celebrated birthdays and that was really why we were there. As usual, Luly went out of her way in the planning, assuring we had a reserved table. I sang a couple of songs Friday night, as well.

Later in the evening, they played a merengue, a dance I love, and I danced with Luly. During the dance, my brain kept sending me messages that I would pay for this on Saturday. My brain was wrong. I payed Saturday and Sunday!

But it was worth the price! Everyone had fun and we sang and danced. A night with friends is always a memory, especially during the holidays.....


The News As I See It: The White House hosted its annual Hanukkah party and everything was going great until Biden pulled on a rabbi's beard and said, "Hey! You're not Santa."

The U.S. is re-establishing relations with Cuba. But before Obama can lift the embargo, it will need approval from the Republican-controlled Congress — or as Republicans who called Obama said, "Close, but no cigar."

Obama and his family are spending the holidays in Hawaii, and while they're gone, they got a fence jumper to house sit. Tomorrow, he will be in Hawaii playing golf with Raul Castro and the Pope.

Economists believe there are three reasons why the Russian economy is doing so poorly. One, economic sanctions are working. Number two, low-price oil. And number three, Lindsay Lohan has quit drinking vodka.
 

This Date In History: 1772; Construction of the first schoolhouse west of the Allegheny Mountains was started in Schoenbrunn, Ohio, by Moravian missionaries. 1807; The U.S. Congress passed the Embargo Act.

1864; During the Civil War, Union general William T. Sherman sent a message to President Lincoln saying, "I beg to present you as a Christmas gift the city of Savannah."

1894; French army officer Capt. Alfred Dreyfus was convicted of treason in a court-martial. 1989; Playwright Samuel Beckett died at age 83. 1989; Romanian dictator Nicolae Ceausescu was overthrown. 2001; Hamid Karzai sworn in as president of Afghanistan.

Picture Of The Day: Singing "Going To Chicago Blues".


Printable Things I Never Told You: 1) I can't figure out why there is an expiration date on croutons and sour cream. 2) Those commercials showing how detergents take out bloodstains lead me to believe that if you've got a T-shirt with bloodstains all over it, maybe laundry isn't your biggest problem. 3) Why does someone believe you when you say there are four billion stars, but check when you say the paint is wet? 4) At the AREA 51 bar Friday night, the bartender asked me, "What'll you have?" I said, "Surprise me." He showed me a naked picture of my ex-mother-in-law. 5) Every time I walk into AREA 51 for happy hour, I can hear Mom's wise words: "Don't pick that up, you don't know where it's been!".....and that's five !

Today's HoroscopeCapricorn - December 22nd : Today will start slow, but most Mondays do anyway, so no worries. Cloudy skies will clear and the stars will come out. The moon, like a testicle, hangs low. Signs point toward a great evening and the chance of romance is 72.37 percent.

Birthdays: James Oglethorpe, founder of the American colony of Georgia 1696, Thomas Wentworth Higginson, abolitionist 1823, Giacomo Puccini, composer of operas 1858, Connie Mack, baseball player and manager 1862, Edwin Arlington Robinson, poet 1869, Dame Peggy Ashcroft, actress 1907, Lady Bird Johnson, first Lady 1912, Diane Sawyer, television journalist 1945, Ralph Fiennes, actor 1962, Jordin Sparks, singer 1989.


The AREA 51 Retirement Home Bar And Grill: During a commercial airline flight an Air Force pilot was seated next to a young mother with a babe in arms. When the baby began crying during the descent for landing, the mother began nursing the infant as discreetly as possible.

The pilot pretended not to notice and, upon disembarking, he gallantly offered his assistance to help with the various baby-related paraphernalia. When the young mother expressed her gratitude, the pilot responded, "Gosh, that's a good looking baby...and he sure was hungry!"

Somewhat embarrassed, the mother explained that her pediatrician said nursing would help alleviate the pressure in the baby's ears. The Air Force Pilot sadly shook his head, and in true pilot fashion exclaimed, "And all these years, I've been using chewing gum."

Two male friends are out golfing one Saturday afternoon. After finishing one hole, they wait for the two women who are ahead of them at the next hole to finish. They wait a few minutes, but soon get irritated at the amount of time the women are taking to play the hole.

One of the men decides that enough is enough. He tells his friend, "I'm going to go up there and tell those two to hurry up!" He starts walking towards the women but after getting halfway there, he returns to his friend.

His friend asks, "What's wrong?" The other man replies, "I can't go over there. One of those women is my wife and the other is my mistress." His friend tells him, "That's okay, I'll go talk to them."

He too starts walking towards the women but after getting halfway there, he too returns to his friend. He tells his friend, "Small world..."


The Hits Just Keep On Coming: A big shot attorney had to spend a couple of days in the hospital. He was a royal pain to the nurses because he bossed them around just like he did his staff. None of the hospital staff wanted to have anything to do with him.

The head nurse was the only one who could stand up to him. She came into his room and announced, "I have to take your temperature." After complaining for several minutes, he finally settled down, crossed his arms and opened his mouth. The nurse said, "No, I'm sorry, but for this reading, I can't use an oral thermometer."

The attorney began complaining and insulting the nurse, but eventually he rolled over and bared his behind. After feeling the nurse insert the thermometer, he heard her announce, "I have to get something. Now you stay just like that until I get back!" She leaves the door to his room open on her way out!

He continues cursing at the nurse as he hears people walking past his door, laughing. After a half hour, the man's doctor comes into the room and says "What's going on here?" The attorney snottily answers, "What's the matter, Doc? Haven't you ever seen someone having their temperature taken before?" After a pause, the doctor confesses, "Not with a carnation."

A couple is skinny dipping in a lake and when they return to shore, they discover that pranksters have stolen their clothes and blanket. Embarrassed, the couple run to their car and began driving back to their home.

The boyfriend is so busy trying to drive and console his nervous girlfriend that he crashes the car into a tree outside of a neighborhood bar and gets stuck between the steering wheel and the seat.

He tells his girlfriend to go inside the bar and get help and she replied that she couldn't because she didn’t have any clothes on. He replies, "Take my shoe, cover your breasts with one hand, your pubic area with the shoe, and get help!"

She takes the shoe and runs into the bar. Inside, the bar is almost deserted with the exception of the town drunk. She runs over to the drunk and says, "Help, my boyfriend is stuck! Can you help us?" The drunks replies, "I’m sorry lady, but I think he's too far in."

That's it for today, my little candy canes. Remember, you can have the body of a twenty-five year old, providing you buy her a few drinks first.

More on Wednesday.

Stay Tuned !

1 comment:

jack69 said...

Looking good Jimmy my man. But I must admit the girls look better, we took a vote. Son Jack is here this time and getting about a big a kick out of this as Son Mark.
And yes, making memories is one of the best parts of the holidays.
We could not quit laughing at the chewing gum and golf course.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!