Monday, December 9, 2013

Rant On, MSNBC, Rant On.....


MSNBC host Melissa Harris-Perry went off on a tangent in a recent broadcast, ranting about the racist overtones of a word that’s been used for years by both sides of the political aisle — Obamacare.

She said (as FrontPage.com reported) "I want to talk today about a controversial word. It’s a word that’s been with us for years. And like it or not, it’s indelibly printed in the pages of America history. A word that was originally intended as a derogatory term, meant to shame and divide and demean. The word was conceived by a group of wealthy white men who needed a way to put themselves above and apart from a black man to render him inferior and unequal and diminish his accomplishments."

Ms. Harris-Perry then admitted that President Obama himself used the objectionable Obamacare term but said that he did so with an attitude of "if you can’t beat them, you’ve got to join them." She continued, "So he embraced the word and made it his own, sending his opposition a message they weren’t expecting 'if that’s what you want me to be, I’ll be that.'"

Harris-Perry went on, "Y’all (sic) know the word that I’m talking about....Obamacare. That’s right. I said it and I’m not ashamed, and neither is President Obama.”

Ms. Harris-Perry then ranted a bit longer and then summarizing: "I mean, what do you call the president who rescues the U.S. auto industry? Obamacare. What do you call the president who finally eliminates Osama bin Laden? Obamacare. What do you call the president who ends don’t ask, don’t tell? Say it with me — Obamacare."

Uh, no offense, Melissa, but what do you call a President who, in order to get re-elected, lies about being able to keep your same insurance policy and same doctor....period?

FrontPageMag.com reported that the term Obamacare likely started from a lobbyist who was simply coining a term based on the (then) existing "Hillary-care."

I assume that (according to Harris-Perry) "Hillarycare" and "Romneycare" are racist and maybe they're anti-woman and anti-Mormon, as well.

Soon, any word uttered by any white person will be "racist". We know "watermelon" is out and I'm thinking "hot dog" and "hamburger" will soon follow. I have no idea how idiots like Harris-Perry stay on the air....


The News As I See It: One of the biggest movies last week was the Disney movie, "Frozen," which is an animated film about the Obamacare website. Kids hate this movie. An hour and a half of characters trying to fix the website.

In Nevada, where prostitution is legal, prostitutes are signing up for Obamacare. Which explains why the most popular pick-up line in Nevada is, "Let me help you with your co-pay."

Fast-food workers in 100 American cities are going on strike. The workers behind the counter want higher wages and better conditions. The drive-thru workers? No one can understand what they want. What did you say?

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself. ~ Mark Twain

This Date In History: 1941; China declared war against Japan, Germany, and Italy. 1958; The anti-Communist John Birch Society was formed. 1965; "A Charlie Brown Christmas" premiered.

1990; Lech Walesa was elected president of Poland. 1993; U.S. astronauts completed repair work on the Hubble Space Telescope. 1996; Archaeologist and anthropologist Mary Leakey died in Kenya at age 83.

Picture Of The Day: Melissa Harris-Perry, MSNBC's newest host, is a professor at Tulane University with a Ph.D in political science from Duke University.
 

Printable Things I Never Told You: 1) My favorite part of the date was when I told her that I wanted her to have my kids. Then I gave them to her, all 3 of them. 2) I buy all my guns from a guy called T-Rex. He's a small arms dealer. 3) My girlfriend gave me her Christmas list. I said, "Isn't my undying love and affection enough?" We laughed and laughed. Now I'm at the purse store trying to locate a French guy named Louis Vuitton. 4) Reason #23 why the Flintstones are extinct: "Hey, we use animals for literally everything else in our lives. Lets use our feet for cars." 5) Thanks for the Christmas card featuring the ultrasound photo. Here's one of my family gathered around an MRI of my knee.....and that's five !

Today's HoroscopeSagittarius - December 9th: If you feel like you're struggling to get ahead with the rest of the world, sit down, relax and perhaps watch some television. Pants, socks, t-shirts, and underwear. These are all parts of your wardrobe. Remember this.

Birthdays: My friends Melanie and Jeannette - Happy Birthday ladies ! 19XX, John Milton, English poet 1608, Joel Chandler Harris, humorist 1848, Jean de Brunhoff, author and illustrator 1899, Margaret Hamilton, actress 1902, Grace Hopper, rear admiral; computer scientist 1906 ,Thomas P. O'Neill, political leader 1912, Kirk Douglas, actor 1916, John Cassavetes, actor and director 1929, Junior Wells, musician 1934, Dame Judi Dench, actress 1934, Tom Daschle, U.S. senator 1947, John Malkovich, actor 1953, Felicity Huffman, actress 1962, Crown Princess Masako, royalty 1963.

The AREA 51 Retirement Home Bar And Grill: A little girl asked her mother, "How did the human race appear?" The mother answered, "God made Adam and Eve and they had children and so was all mankind made."

Two days later, the girl asked her father the same question. The father answered, "Many years ago there were monkeys from which the human race evolved and so was all mankind made."

The confused girl returned to her mother and said, "Mom, how is it possible that you told me the human race was created by God and Dad said they developed from monkeys?"

The mother answered, "Well, dear, it is very simple. I told you about my side of the family and your father told you about his."

 A man has a heart attack and is brought to the hospital ER. The doctor tells him that he will not live unless he has a heart transplant right away.

Another doctor runs into the room and says, "you're in luck, two hearts just became available, so you will get to choose which one you want. One belongs to an attorney and the other to a social worker". The man quickly responds, "the attorney's".

The doctor says, "Wait! Don't you want to know a little about them before you make your decision?" The man says, "I already know enough. We all know that social workers are bleeding hearts and the attorney's probably never used his. So I'll take the attorney's."
 

The Hits Just Keep On Coming: A man went to a psychiatrist for his phobia. He said, "Doc, I've got trouble. Every time I get into bed, I think there's somebody under it. I get under the bed, I think there's somebody on top of it. Top, under, top, under. You gotta help me, I'm going crazy!"

The shrink says, "Just put yourself in my hands for two years. Come to me three times a week, and I'll cure your fears." The man asked, "How much do you charge?" The shrink replied, "A hundred dollars per visit." The man said, "I'll sleep on it."

Six months later the doctor met the man on the street. The psychiatrist asked."Why didn't you ever come to see me again?" The man answered, "For a hundred buck's a visit? A bartender cured me for ten dollars." The shrink asked, "Is that so! How?" The man said, "He told me to cut the legs off the bed!"

 Little Johnny 's next door neighbors had a baby. Unfortunately, the little baby was born with no ears. When they arrived home from the hospital, the parents invited Little Johnny's family to come over and see their new baby.

Little Johnny's parents were very afraid that their son would have a wise crack to say about the baby so the dad had a long talk with little Johnny before going to the neighbors. He said "Now, son, that poor baby was born without any ears. I want you to be on your best behavior and not say one word about his ears or I am really going to spank you when we get back home." Little Johnny replied, "I promise not to mention his ears at all."

At the neighbors home, Little Johnny leaned over in the crib and touched the baby's hand. He looked at it's mother and said, "Oh What a beautiful little baby". The mother said, "Thank you very much, Johnny."

Johnny then said, "This baby has perfect little hands and perfect little feet. Just look at his pretty little eyes. Did his doctor say that he can see good?" The Mother said, "Why, yes Johnny, his doctor said he has 20/20 vision. Little Johnny said, "Well, its a darn good thing, because he sure can't wear glasses...."

That's it for today, my little cupcakes. The Center for Disease Control has released a list of the latest symptoms of bird flu. If you experience any of the following, please seek medical treatment immediately: 1) High fever 2) Congestion 3) Nausea 4) Fatigue 5) Aching in the joints 6) An irresistible urge to shit on someone's windshield.

More on Wednesday.

Stay Tuned !

3 comments:

jack69 said...

I love that lady already, but I have forgotten her name. That is probably good.
I spit my life saving red wine out on cutting the legs off the bed, though. I'm gonna have to start reading this in a mirror or something, it is getting harder to clean up.
Take care, best wished from Outside Mickey's house...

jack69 said...

If there are mistakes on the comments, they are hard to proof thru the smears. (smile)

Paula said...

Laughing at cutting the legs off the bed.